Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sling Daddy


Ever heard of 'BabyWearing'? I had no idea the word even existed until becoming a new mommy. Here's the definition as per Wikipedia;

Babywearing is the practice of wearing or carrying a baby or child in a sling or other form of carrier. Babywearing is far from new and has been practiced for many years around the world. Babywearing is a form of baby transport.

And if you thought sling shopping would be easy you have obviously not be shopping for baby gear over the last few years. I have learned that you have to do your research, thank goodness for the blessed internet! After way too many hours in the wee hours while up feeding Jackson (what else am I going to do), I felt educated enough to head out and shop around for Jackson's new mode of body transportation. I really wanted to buy this body wrap called the CuddlyWrap actually my favourite is from MetroMamma (who doesn't love camo & bling), but could not justify the over $70+ price for a long piece of fabric with a little patch on the front. So I settled for a Little Star sling in a neutral colour for a fraction of the wrap prices. And while I still have ambitious plans of making my own blinged out wrap, Jackson has really taken to the sling. I can get so much done around the house and not have to worry about how he doing as he is strapped to me and usually fast asleep or just chilling out snuggled up close to mama. We even got a batch of cookies made for Daddy while in the sling. It's my new favourite accessory. Daddy just tried it on for the first time last night, but I think the Snugli is still his choice so far, but he's slowly crossing over to the 'sling side'.

3 comments:

sparadis said...

Jackson looks happy and contend in the sling with Daddy. Fashion always repeats it self. Just give it time.

Sheri said...

he looks so cute in there Joanne.
scott looks cute too :)

Eva said...

I'm so glad that Jackson loves being worn! Also glad to hear that you held strong and bought the little star - we love ours!