Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Six Weeks Already

Today marked the sixth week since Jackson's birth. I can't believe that he has already been here that long, yet it seems like he has grown so much it must be longer than just a mere six weeks. As I look back at all the things he has already learned or experienced I am a little saddened that these 'firsts' are over and my little baby is growing rapidly before my eyes.

Sucking his thumb
Opening his big eyes so wide and being so alert and absorbing so much
Rolling from back to side then back again and then over to the other side
Holding up his strong neck as he is held over your shoulder
Riding in an airplane to visit Grandma & Grandpa
Almost completely outgrowing his supply of newborn clothes and diapers



So to mark this occasion, I dressed Jackson in his first pair of jeans. It almost made me cry to see how much he looks like a little man in his outfit and not like a little baby in his cozy sleepers. But he will always be my little baby no matter what he is wearing or how big he gets, just as I will always be his mama.

2 comments:

sparadis said...

What a SWEET PEA as the shirt says!

Sheri said...

such a cute potato in those jeans.
i love them.