Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wanted: More Closet Space

Over the past few weeks I have been trying to organize Jackson's multitude of clothes. Through the generosity of family and friends he has clothes from size newborn to 3 years. Now Mommy just has to figure out where to put all of his new threads.
You see, we live in a home with limited closet space. When we first moved into this house I took over the spare room closet which is double doored and mirrored, I love it. But this spare room is now Jackson's room, so Mommy's clothes have to find a new place to reside. And the closet in our bedroom is very tiny and barely contains all of Scott's clothes. So now I have to get creative with storage and separating seasonal clothing and severely purging everybody's unused clothing.



You might ask, why change the closet situation; share Jackson's closet if it is so big, well that would be great if the boy's wardrobe wasn't almost as large as my own. So over the last week I have been slowly packing away all the maternity clothes, until the next 'bump' comes along, and trying to bring out some of my pre-Jackson clothes that are seasonally appropriate so I have something to wear besides jeans and nursing tops. But where to put them I do not know as I am still trying to stay on top of separating Jackson's clothes by size and age.
And just to let you know, never believe the size on the label of baby clothes, it's just like the conspiracy with women's size labels. Jackson is currently wearing size newborn to 6 months depending on who and where it was made. They like to start the size confusion off early...like I said, a conspiracy.
In the meantime, I have some lovely Rubbermaid tubs that are great for holding all my clothes, just not so convenient for finding what I want to wear on a daily basis. Now I know what it feels like to live out of a suitcase minus the great vacation that normally comes with the experience. Wish me luck! I hope to find a solution before Jackson starts kindergarten.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

i hear you about the crazy sizing on baby clothes.

i find storing baby clothes under the crib works well too.