Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dreaming of Hawaii

While we were down in Vegas, I came across this CD from my favourite Hawaiian recording artist. I popped it into the CD player tonight and starting thinking of our trip to Hawaii we have started to plan for Sept '07. My sister had sent me this website of some cute little cottages that remind me so much of the islands and the feeling of home, we like the Tradewinds beach house in Waimanalo. Scott and I plan to visit my birthplace in the fall, hopefully with family to share our time of relaxation and fun. We love that the beach houses are so close to the water and they provide you with water gear and info on the stores and their favourite eats etc. We hope to finalize plans soon as they are pretty popluar places to rent. But for now I must get back to the winter cold and wrapping of presents. That just leaves me dreaming of Hawaii and the warm island weather. Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas)

1 comment:

Sheri said...

hi joanne,
those cottages look cute.
still not sure about whether we can swing it -- we have told friends that we will go to New York in the fall of 2007. too many choices!

i'm smiling when i hear Merry Christmas in Hawaiian. Makes me think of that Chevy Chase in Christmas vacation :)