Thursday, December 21, 2006

here we go a carolling.....



In 'Smalliver' the fire department decorates the old fire truck with lights and a huge sound system and drives around town the week before Christmas with lots of dancing and singing 'elves' to spread a little Christmas spirit throughout the community. Tonight was my first time being a part of the 'Carol Truck'. I loved it!! So much fun to walk about the streets with the old time carols playing, handing out candy canes, giving shouts of well wishes and sipping on hot cocoa to keep warm. I think this is a new tradition that I need to add to my Christmas must do lists. Have I mentioned lately that I am very happy to have moved to 'Smalliver'. It feels more and more like home every day.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

hey Joanne,
it's a cool tradition.
glad to hear you are really enjoying living in Smalliver.

monkey chick said...

Hi there, like the new blog. Just wanted to let you know that I just started a new blog too, http://monkeygazette.blogspot.com/