Monday, December 18, 2006

Where's your Spirit...

I'm a little late in the shopping this year. I usually have cards all mailed by the first of December and all shopping done by the end of the first week. But I'm okay with that. I have been enjoying Christmas and the spirit of family and friends so much more this year than any other I can remember. I think it's because it is the first year that I am not working in a crazy retail environment where the real meaning of Christmas so often gets lost. It's about sharing an extra moment with that friend who just needs to talk or taking that drive around the neighbourhood to look at the beautiful lights in your pjs when you have so many presents that still need wrapping. Reading that classic Christmas tale while sipping hot cocoa with extra marshmellows eventhough you already brushed your teeth. It's living in the moment and soaking it all in because you don't when you will have another like it. Happy Holidays

1 comment:

Sheri said...

hi joanne,
glad you are enjoying a slower pace this holiday season. i have very fond memories of working at the "other" credit union over the holidays. it's all good.