Friday, February 20, 2009

Stealing 'Six'

Thanks for the posting topic, Surprised Suburban Wife!
She was tagged by another 'mommy blogger' to post the 6th photo in her 6th file, so here's mine!


This is me at YVR upon returning from our trip to Mexico.

I have often wondered when this photo would surface. Well, not this particular one, but our honeymoon (one year late) in the Mayan Riviera. Man, do I ever look young and naive and really cold. I vividly remember that I was definitely chilled in the crisp fall weather of Van. after returning from hot & sunny Mexico in September 2003. That's over 5 years ago; minus two moves, two dogs and a baby boy.
It was a very relaxing vacation for both of us. We loved our time of leisure immensely. We took in a little Mayan ruins, a little outdoor eco-park(Xel-Ha) and even a little snorkelling (first time for me!). And of course, like most all-inclusives, you can eat and drink all day and night if you so choose. I could also tell that this was a post-trip picture as I was sporting the touristy mini braids & beads 'do. Yup! Stereotypical trip to the Riviera complete with Mexican vanilla and Kahlua in our bags. But lots of great memories and shared time with the still-new hubby.
And just so you know he did come with me...here's one of him poolside. He looks so young too.

2 comments:

Surprised Suburban Wife said...

Cute! And great tourist braids:)

Sheri said...

you do look very young! cute photo.