Monday, January 19, 2009

New 'Do All 'Round

Last week it was time to make the cut...
We had noticed that our little munchkin had been starting to sport a shaggy flip that was not flattering our little metro-man. And to drive the point home a little further, 'Hippie Baby' was one of Grandpa P's newest nickname to surface recently. So Scott & I decided to pull out the scissors and take a little trimming. Both of us are not hair savvy to say the least when it comes to coifs and 'dos, but I did not know how Jackson would react to a barber/hairstylist with all his squirmy-ness and I was not about to pay for a full priced haircut when all we needed were a few little snips.



So with scissors in hand, Mama took the plunge and dove in. And I think I did a pretty good job for my son's first cut. He was relatively still for the process, of course a cookie helps tremendously with the fussies.



Of course, we have kept Jackson's first trimmings. I feel a little sad to know that his hair is already long enough to cut, but also a little strange that we have kept some pieces to see when we get a little nostalgic. He is going to think we are so weird for keepsaking his hair when he gets older.



I don't now if you can tell from the photos, but I am sporting my own new 'do. Short and cropped. And so much easier to handle. It seems I just can't get rid of it fast enough. I love it short, and the shorter the better. One of the girls in my dance class asked me if the next time she sees me if I was going to be bald. My reply was, 'You never know!'
And Scott, not wanting to be left out of our family event, went to the barber the next day for his monthly trimming of his fuzz. Stay tuned for the next cut!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

your hair looks super-cute, Joanne.
once you have it short, you won't go back.

we got fynnie's hair cut, too. jackson is adorably coiffed.