Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dance, Dance, Dance...

I don't remember if I had mentioned this last year, but I am taking dance lessons again. And not just your average ballet or hip hop for this twinkletoes.
Nope! I have donned my hip scarf and coin belt and started shimmying in my belly dance fever. I am so glad to have found this great troupe of women through the pilates studio I was attending. And we have been working hard, or I should say that our instructor is working us hard, in order to prepare us all for our upcoming hafla. We are very excited to be preforming but just a little bit anxious as would be expected.
So much preparation has been made to organize this event and it wouldn't be happening if not for our fearless leader, Nerissa. It will be a showcase of beautiful dancers and musicians performing material from different regions of the world.
This weekend we have our costume 'work-bee' where our busy little fingers will be crafting and sewing up our beautiful exotic tribal fusion costumes. Can't wait to see how they all turn out!
If you are interested in attending our dance extravaganza here is our promo poster...

3 comments:

Sheri said...

very cool,Joanne. neat that you found your little niche of fellow dancers down in the south end of the valley.

Surprised Suburban Wife said...

Sounds awesome! What a great way to get a workout and meet people!

sparadis said...

Wish I could attend your performance.