Friday, October 17, 2008

Hair Today... Gone Tomorrow

So another birthday has come and gone. (thanks to all who sent birthday wishes... so sweet!)
And with it came some changes to me.
Introducing the new cut...


(excuse the late in the day, mommy didn't really have time to style it yet look, but you can get the general idea... it's short!)

So what do ya think... the lines are open.
I'm still getting used to it, but like the ease that I now have in the washing and styling arenas. Especially in time management.

On another front, we have had a rough few nights this past week with Jackson's nocturnal patterns. He has been very fussy and even had a slight fever in the early evenings. But this morning all was revealed to these befuddled parents as to why our little man was so miserable. We were having breakfast as I spotted the spots. At first I thought it may have been an allergic reaction to our new fruit of the day... yummy mango (thanks Aunty Joy for the mango you left!).

(Note the strategically placed bubbles for any future embarrassing 'aw, mom!' moments...)

But after a few fretful hours and a quick visit to the doctor (am I turning into one of those over paranoid moms?) our fears were settled. Just a common case of Roseola, or baby measles. Not a serious thing for little ones just this age and Jackson is doing fine, no itchies just spots. But he's such a trouper that we wouldn't know if we was suffering as he isn't much for complaining (unless his food isn't coming fast enough). This is our first major medical ordeal of many I am sure, not counting the numerous head bumps and scrapes of course. And we all survived just fine!


What can I say, we are a fun family! Hee Hee!

3 comments:

Joyous said...

You look great! It makes your face seem slimmer than it already is. The cut kind of reminds me of how Mom used to wear her hair.

monkey chick said...

Ahhh, I was wondering if you were ever going to reach the "I just have no time for this hair business" and chop off your locks. I like it (you always look great though!) and I'm sure you're loving the ease of haircare at this point.
Sorry to hear about little J, hope he feels better soon.
You mentioned head bumps and bruises, ha, you ain't seen nothing yet, lol. I cannot believe just how crazy Ryan is, especially compared to Miss Rosie. Is the little man walking yet? That's when the fun begins!
Can't wait to see you guys in a few months!

Sheri said...

your hair looks really cute, Joanne! i love, love, love short hair. it makes life much easier.