Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Cousin's First Birthday



I have been waiting for this fun book to finally arrive from the library. I am no decorating professional like my sister, but I like to dabble and stretch into the creative zone once in a while.



Love this book! Easy tips and techniques using some basic tools you may already have around the house. My sister Joy had a marathon cake/cupcake making and decorating session at our house. She is great friends with the bride and made her cake/cupcakes as her gift. I will have to get her to let me post a couple of her cake creations as she is amazing! But lucky us, as she made some extra cupcakes. So I decided to experiment with the new book ideas.



As you can see, I had loads of fun creating a mini cupcake message for Jackson's little cousin Fynn who is celebrating his first birthday. And what better way for a little boy to party than with bugs and chocolate! So fun and so easy! I totally recommend this book to those moms out there (or anyone in general) who thinks, I can't do that...oh yes you can!



And on the clothes finding front... we scored on another craigslist find. Here's one of the new outfits we purchased. So cute, especially when accessorized with Aunty Joy's hat! Total bonus was that we sold some cloth diapers on craigslist that same day so we really didn't spend that much money at all on the clothes we purchased! Love this craigslist!

3 comments:

monkey chick said...

I have an awesome little pants and coat outfit that Ryan's too big for (size 18 months). They're both lined, perfect for fall/winter. When I get a chance (maybe next week or something) I'll send it your way if you want it. Let me know:)

Sheri said...

We loved the cupcakes, Joanne!

Surprised Suburban Wife said...

Those are gorgeous amazing cupcakes Joanne - clearly Joy isn't the only talented baker/decorator in the family!