Saturday, February 17, 2007

Discovering Google Earth




Scott's parents, Alf & Jill, were over for supper tonight, but little did they know that they were in for an international internet adventure. Scott pulled out his laptop and took them on a visual tour of this 'free' site called 'Google Earth'. Now I'm sure that a lot of you internet techies know about this amazing tool to see anywhere on this great planet called Earth, but it is fascinating for those of us who do not know all the wonders and capabilities of the internet and computer technology. Scott was able to show Jill & Alf satellite images of places that he had been on tour, old houses that they had lived in years ago and world famous monuments in far off lands. It was great to see Scott connecting with his parents in this new way and teaching them something new from his world.

2 comments:

sparadis said...

Technology amazes me all the time. When I think back to my childhood to compare then and now, wow! It also amazes me that at my age I am still capable to learn these new some technologies (slowly and sometimes painfully). But I can teach them to others as well.

Sheri said...

that's so great that you guys showed mom and dad around the Google Earth.