Friday, April 11, 2008

Road Trip

Scott had the opportunity to go down to the coast and do some security work at a new arena for two days which meant that Jackson & I were going visiting at Grandma & Grandpa P's. Which meant we would be on our first long road trip through the mountains. I know it's only a four hour ride but it's amazing how much stuff you have to pack for such a small creature. Thankfully my mom has a play 'n pack for Jackson to use as a bed, but we still had to bring the carseat, stroller, bouncy seat and all his luggage. It's a good thing we got a minivan as Jackson had more stuff than Scott & I combined. But all worth it in the name of convenience and comfort.



Jackson is such a great little traveller that we don't worry about the journey. It's just the feeding along the way that we have to be aware of as when he wants to eat, he means now! So for that reason, I had a bottle ready for him just in case we were unable to pull over for nursing. The only thing I was concerned about is that Jackson hasn't taken a bottle in over a month and I have heard that if babies are not using one consistently with breastfeeding then he may reject it. So eventhough Jackson didn't need it during the trip I still popped it in his mouth so that we would get used to the bottle again. He just grinned at me and chewed on the nipple with a little milk drool running down his chin. It was very cute, but it didn't set my worries to rest. But that same night, Mommy & Daddy escaped to do a little consumer therapy in the big city without our little munchkin for a few hours while Grandma was more than happy to get some quality Jackson time. And my fears were futile in regards to coming back to a screaming hungry baby as Grandma reported back that he sucked back his entire bottle and then proceeded to fall asleep and was tucked away for the night before we returned from our shopping outing. Wow! I was impressed with my little man being so easy with the grandparents. It's true what they say about how the parents are always the more who are more anxious and the children are the ones who adjust to change and are so much more easy going. If only we could all learn to relax and go with the flow like a little baby. I thought Jackson would be the one learning important life lessons everyday but I have found that my baby teaches me more about myself every moment we spent together. Children are such a gift and I get up each morning and thank God the this amazing blessing that He has given us.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Nice that your little man was good for Grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure he just batted those long eyelashes of his.

Fynn hasn't had a bottle yet. Maybe he will go straight from boob to a coffee mug :)

sparadis said...

What a nice visit Granpa & Granma P had with AJ. Even the neighbors were getting acquainted with him.

Eva said...

That's awesome that Jackson took the bottle!!! He already seems to have such an easygoing personality. You are definitely blessed :)