Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pat-A-Cake, Pat-A-Cake, Baker Joanne

Wednesday I was in a baking mood. Actually, the mood started when my overly proud husband told his co-workers of his wife's great homemade baking and I was volunteered to make some goodies for the night crew. Luckily for Scott I have a passion for mixing it up with the dough and love to share my pastries and sweets with all who will enjoy them. So I pulled out some recipes I have been wanting to try and jumped right into the flour bin.
Since having Jackson, I have found that I have a harder time getting a full batch of baking complete. But that day I had a very good baby who was just content to sit in his bouncy chair and watch Mommy make a mess around the kitchen. And with the help of my multitude of favourite kitchen appliances, I was able to create three different goodies in record time.



As I told Scott that day, I love my Kitchen Aid Professional Mixer. It's been a while since I last pulled it out of the pantry cupboard to assist me in making my yummy treats. Of course me being pregnant most of last year and not being able to move that mixer around on my own was probably the main reason. Wow! I forgot how heavy that thing is! But worth it's weight in time-saving and wrist-saving gold.



Scott was also making his own delicious creations for this month's firehall meeting. He had three crockpots going with fixings for pulled pork sandwiches. Which means he had three electrical outlets occupied in the kitchen. So I had to get creative in order to find outlets for my breadmaker and mixer. And of course the laptop too! That's where most of the recipes I drool over are stored until I can find time to make them. Here are the recipes I made...
-Pink Icing Cookies(inspired by the Cakespy)
-Best, Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
-Clone of a Cinnabon (Scott's sister Susan gave me this recipe)
They are super yummy and come highly recommended. And not just from Scott & my tummies! Don't worry though, all this baking is not just for us. I plan to share a lot with friends and family. So if you see us heading towards you with a cookie tin, lucky you! If not, sorry maybe next time but the recipes are here for you to try making them yourself. Enjoy!



Oh, here's another quick and easy recipe I made last week for homemade granola bars. Scott usually gets a granola bar in his lunches for work. And I decided that I would try to make my own just for the heck of it. You can switch up the fruit/nuts/fillings to your own taste. I use a combo of these two recipes after searching through so many on the internet. But they're both so simple to adapt to your liking and you can usually find all the ingredients at home if you have a pantry with the basic baking staples.
S'more Granola Bars
Quickie Granola Bars

3 comments:

Sheri said...

you two are talented!

sparadis said...

I see you are wearing your favorite family apron!!!

Sheri said...

joanne, how did the cookies turn out? i think i might try this recipe. it is a little different than the Rookie Cookbook's recipe - do you melt the butter like they suggest?