Saturday, January 12, 2008

Our Special Storytime


While nursing Jackson today, I decided that we needed to take advantage of this special time that we spend together. I was inspired by a friend's recent blog about all the books she had received for her newborn daughter and all the reading they do together. Jackson too has a very extensive library thanks to a mommy who previously worked in a bookstore and her love of children's books that she has had since childhood. So enough said, I have decided that during our feeding times together, Jackson and I will read one of his numerous books.
We started with a very special book from a very special 'aunty'. A very good friend of my mom's, whom I have always referred to as Aunty Carol, sent Jackson a very touching book, The Gift of an Angel by Marianne Richmond. It is a very beautifully illustrated story with an amazing message. I didn't realize how wonderful the story is until I found myself tearing up as I read the simple verse with the powerful meaning. It was a wonderful start to a great routine that I have started with my son. We can't wait to get into our next book during our special storytime.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Awwww...so sweet Joanne! I am going to have to get that book for Megan's library too!

Sheri said...

that looks like a sweet book joanne.