Monday, January 8, 2007

New Year...New Habits

So it's a new year with new beginnings. Scott & I decided it was time we got our butts in gear and get active. There aren't a lot of fitness options in Smalliver so we both went to the cardio-kickboxing class at the rec centre tonight. I am sure going to feel it in the morning. Scott did really well and I am very proud of him for sticking it out. He was afraid he was going to look very 'Billy Blanks' but he kept up and really worked up a sweat, as did the whole class. It was really high paced with lots of energy. Again, I am really going to feel this in the morning. But it felt so good too. There are classes three days a week. I will see how I am with two a week to start and work from there. There are also a few women from work who are joining so there is a great support group (aka make sure you show up or you get razzed the next day). I really want to make a commitment to invest in myself and this is just one more step in that direction.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

yeah for you guys!

you will feel so good from those classes - good way to work off stress from working all day too.